We are prepared and ready to help.
As the situation with coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop and spread throughout the Southcoast of Massachusetts, our entire staff team is working to continue to provide for the needs of our clients and reliable access to the important services you count on.
Promoting health and safety. For everyone.
Nothing is more important to us than your health and safety, and the need to protect those most vulnerable to the coronavirus. Saint Vincent’s is taking multiple steps to minimize health risks to our clients, staff members and our communities, including enhanced cleaning procedures in our residential environments and our Mental Health Clinic.
Current EEC regulations for residential treatment and congregate care providers allow for OUTDOOR visitation only. EEC has issued temporary residential regulations related to the pandemic. The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS) has identified that congregate care/group home visitation is limited to:
- Outdoor, on-grounds, visitation only
- Up to 2 individuals (visitors) for a maximum of 45 minutes
- Social distancing and sanitation guidelines are in effect
Saint Vincent’s has identified four (4) outdoor visit spaces that will be furnished with picnic tables and umbrellas. Each outdoor table will have a visible table number noting its designation.
All visits MUST be scheduled in advance with the client’s Clinical Care Manager. Visits may only be scheduled during business hours (Mon.-Fri. 9am-5pm). Visits may not be scheduled to occur at, or after, 5pm. All visits will be scheduled for 45 minutes in length to ensure that we can meet the visitation needs of every client. Please note that scheduled visit times will not be modified/extended due to late arrival.
Visits MUST be re-scheduled on a day when inclement weather occurs. Please be advised that Saint Vincent’s cannot allow visits to occur in visitor’s vehicles due to the State’s requirement for social distancing.
- All visitors must check-in at reception.
- Reception will contact the Clinical Care Manager to inform them of your arrival.
- Clinical Care Manager will greet you in the reception area and will facilitate a COVID screening questionnaire. Visitors will not be allowed in the lobby or waiting room until further notice.
- The Clinical Care Manager will take your temperature via an infrared thermometer and record your temperature on the COVID screening questionnaire.
- If your temperature is 100 degrees or above, the visit cannot continue and you will be advised to contact a medical professional.
- You must arrive with an appropriate face mask/covering in order for the visit to occur. If you do not have a face mask/covering, the visit cannot continue and you will be asked to schedule a visit during another available time. Saint Vincent’s cannot provide face masks/coverings.
- The Clinical Care Manager will walk you to the appropriate outdoor visit table.
- Please be advised that social distancing guidelines must be followed and you must remain in the designated visit space for the duration of the visit for the safety of all.
- Saint Vincent’s cannot allow visitors to walk youth back to milieu environments, per EEC regulations.
- If a visitor requires a rest room, the Clinical Care Manager must be contacted and the visitor will be escorted to the designated rest room within the building. Please understand that scheduled visits cannot be extended for any reason and will be held at the maximum of 45 minutes.